If you are a programmer, there are probably a lot of reasons that motivate you to do what you do. I hope you find here some more motivations.
From the top of my mind, here are 8 reasons why you would enjoy being a programmer. I hope this inspire you.
1. Programming makes your dreams come true. When you understand programming, you can give life to your thoughts
by applying them to real life. You can literally create things.
2. Programming is the ultimate form of interactive art
. You can make software, websites and games that others can play with. So you can talk to them indirectly and they can talk back. No other art form is quite this interactive. While drawing, painting, movies and music go to the audience (in one direction), code goes both ways.
3. That's the kind of job you can do from anywhere. From your couch, from home, from office, on travel, whichever country... The only things you need are a computer and your brain.
6. You can't have enough of it. You can't get bored. Requirements and technology
are moving up so fast that you always face new challenges.
7. It's a field of meritocracy. They know you don't fake your skills. You know what you know
. You do what you can do and you get a fair recognition for it.
8. It's fun!